Thanksgiving Bagel Stuffing
Halloween is over, which means Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Thanksgiving is a great time of year where you can eat turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, mac and cheese, bagels, rolls, cranberry sauce. Yes, we said bagels. Follow this recipe from Momtastic to incorporate Bagel Bakery bagels into a yummy bagel stuffing.
What you need:
- Olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups roughly chopped button mushrooms
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 Bagel Bakery whole wheat bagels, cut into small cubes
- ¾ cup vegetable stock or broth
- Salt and pepper
What to do:
- Pour olive oil in a medium–sized pan and heat the over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, garlic, celery, and carrots over medium-high heat once the oil has warmed. Cook until the onions begin to brown, which will take about 4 minutes.
- Add more olive oil, mushrooms and herbs. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are browning
- Pour ¼ the vegetable stock or broth into the pan. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape any bits of food off the bottom of the pan.
- Place the cut bagels in a large mixing bowl and pour the mixture from the pan over them. Add the remaining ½ cup of broth.
- Season dish with salt and pepper, and let the dish sit for at least 2 hours.
- Heat before serving.