June 3, 2017 by Ken Rembert
Let’s Switch Things Up
It’s impossible not to love the classic bagel with cream cheese, but sometimes we need a little change. If you’re a bagel lover who’s looking to spice things up, try some of these delicious concoctions to keep things interesting.
- Bagel Pizza – We almost love pizza as much as we love bagels, so why not put the two together? Just take a plain bagel, or whichever bagel flavor you’d like, put some tomato sauce, cheese and whatever toppings you’d like on top. Stick it in the oven for a few minutes, and you’ve got yourself a bagel pizza!
- Breakfast Bagel – You can use your bagel as a bun to fill with eggs, bacon, cheese, or whatever you’d like. You can make it as a breakfast sandwich or cut up the bagel and make it a scramble! What a perfect way to start your morning.
- Dessert Bagel – Have you ever tried putting marshmallow fluff on a bagel? Give it a try with some cinnamon or Nutella, and you’ll understand why dessert bagels are all the rage.
- Salad bagels – Is that even possible? Of course it is. You can cut up your bagel and toss it in with your salad to soak up some of that dressing and add a little something extra to your leafy greens. They’re kind of like soft croutons, but if you’re a fan of the crunchy, you can always toast the bagel beforehand.
- Bagel Bread Pudding – Bagels are bread too, so they work perfectly for a bread pudding. You can whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg and pour it over a pan filled with bagel pieces. Just pop it in the oven for about 45 minutes, and you’ve got the best bagel bread pudding around.