Five Fun Facts About Bagels
We love bagels. And we bet you do, too. So, sink your teeth into these fun facts to learn even more about our favorite food.
- The earliest known mention of a bagel originates in Poland back in the early 1600s. However, it wasn’t until the 1960s until the bagel became popular in America.
- Due to its multi-step process, bagel production used to be a four-person job. In an assembly line, two men would shape the bagel dough, then a man boiled the bagels (the kettleman). Finally, the last man would be in charge of the oven.
- Americans sure do love bagels — nearly 61% of surveyed Americans reported to eat a bagel at least twice a week for their breakfast.
- The most popular bagel flavor is plain, while sesame takes second place.
- National Bagel Day is celebrated on Feb. 9. But, we think every day is bagel day. Who needs an excuse to eat a bagel?
Are we making you hungry yet? All this bagel talk is sure to work up an appetite. These facts are fun, but enjoying a delicious Bagel Bakery bagel is even better. Head over to our place and enjoy one of our beloved bagels.