Eggs in a Bagel
You’ve probably heard of eggs in basket before. You cut a hole out of the middle of a piece of toast and cook an egg inside. When you cut into the toast, the yolk spreads out and the toast soaks it up. Yum! Now imagine that with a bagel! It’s really simple to do. Here’s what you need:
- A Bagel Bakery bagel (plain, onion, or poppy seed work best). Make sure to cut it in half.
- One tablespoon of butter
- Two eggs
- Salt and pepper and any other spices you deem necessary for taste
Here’s what you do:
- Put the butter in a skillet over medium heat and let it melt
- Place the two separate bagel halves on the skillet
- Crack one egg in each of the bagel holes
- Season it with salt and pepper or other spices
- Cook until egg is to your liking
Cooking the bagel this way ensures that you’ll get a nice crispy bagel and a soft runny egg. It’s the perfect combination for your morning meal.