Baked Bagel French Toast
So you’re an avid bagel eater, but you’re getting a little tired of having the same old thing for breakfast every morning. Try throwing some Bagel Bakery bagels in the oven to make some baked bagel French toast. This recipe from Averie Cooks is great for Sunday morning brunch with your family or friends.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or taste
- 5 Bagel Bakery cinnamon raisin bagels (or cinnamon-swirl, cinnamon-raisin, or plain bagels), diced in 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a medium-large oval baker with cooking spray or grease and flour the baking dish.
- Add butter in a large bowl, and microwave for one minute on high power to melt. Wait for a minute to let it cool.
- Combine the eggs, milk, maple syrup, sugars, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and whisk into the bowl.
- Toss the bagels into the mixture and lightly coat them. Allow mixture to stand for about 5 to 10 minutes to give the bagels time to soak up the coating.
- Put the mixture out into the prepared baking dish, loosely laying it in. Drizzle any left over mixture over the bagels.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until center is set. Make sure not to over bake the French toast so that it comes out soft and moist.
If you’re feeling a sweet tooth coming on, consider making a maple glaze to drizzle on top of the creation. For that you will need:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup+ maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, add both ingredients and whisk until smooth. You may need to play with the sugar or maple syrup amounts slightly to achieve desired consistency.
- Remove French toast from oven, and evenly drizzle it with glaze
- Serve immediately!