August 13, 2015 by Ken Rembert
Here at The Bagel Bakery, we want you to be as bagel-savvy as possible. This is why we’re sharing a few of our tips and tricks.
- Avoid a trip to the hospital. Don’t cut a bagel while holding it in your hand! Instead, hold it down on a cutting board and carefully slice is horizontally. Better yet, invest in a bagel slicer if you can!
- Freeze your bagels when they’re fresh. If you buy your bagels in bulk, you should freeze them as soon as possible to seal in their freshness.
- Always pre-slice your bagels before freezing them. Trying so slice a frozen bagel is a guaranteed accident waiting to happen.
- Fresh bagels, like The Bagel Bakery bagels, can last one or two days on the counter if they’re in a plastic bag, not a paper one. Keeping bagels in a paper bag will make them stale quickly.
- If you’re bagel is a little hard, you can wrap it in a moist paper towel and pop it in the microwave for a couple seconds. The result is a warm, ready-to-eat bagel.