People don’t realize how versatile bagels are. You can bake them, toast them, fry them on a skillet or even make them into quiches. Yes, you read that correctly. We said quiches. It’s really simple to do too. Here’s how:
What you’ll need:
- 1 Bagel Bakery bagel (plain or any flavor that would go with egg)
- 2 to 3 large eggs
- Yummy fillings (like cheese or veggies)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and spray a piece of foil with nonstick spray.
- Slice the very bottom of the bagel off nice and evenly. You can set this piece aside to eat or use as a topping. Otherwise, just throw it away.
- Carefully hollow out the bread inside of the cut bagel using your fingers to pull the bread away from the crust of the bagel.
- Set the bagel, cut-side-up on the foil.
- Whisk 2 eggs and pour them into the hollowed out bagel.
- Place desired filling choices into the egg. If the egg and filling does not fill the bagel completely, you can add another whisked egg on top.
- Wrap the bagel up the sides with the foil, but keep the top open to the heat of the oven.
- Bake the bagel for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the egg is completely set (this will depend on the size of the bagel and how many eggs you used).
- Serve immediately.
Impress your friends and family by bringing these to your next Sunday morning brunch!